Nothing but negotiation

 
The Gap Partnership

Nestle buys part of Hsu Fu Chi in business negotiation deal

Nestle will take a 60 per cent share in Chinese company Hsu Fu Chi.

11 July 2011

Merger and acquisition advisors may have been used by Nestle after the firm announced a partnership with Chinese firm Hsu Fu Chi.

The deal will see the world's largest food company Nestle - which was founded in 1866 - purchase 60 per cent of the latter, which will retain the other 40 per cent.

A scheme of arrangement will be required in order to acquire 43.5 per cent of its shares from independent shareholders.

Nestle chief executive officer Paul Bulcke said: "This proposed partnership will greatly reinforce our presence in China."

He added the agreement, which may have required negotiation skill, highlights the organisations "long-term commitment" to this part of the Asian sector.

"[It] enhances our ability to grow our portfolio of international and local brands in this dynamic market," Mr Bulcke observed.

Hsu Chen, chief executive officer and chairman of Hsu Fu Chi, welcomed the move and said it showcases the quality of his company.

Posted by Ken Hayes
 

Gap News

March 2014

The Negotiation Roadshow 2014

Generating value through creative negotiation

Read more


July 2013

Trading Global: Negotiating in the Far East

The Gap Partnership are hosting a complimentary Lunch & Learn seminar in association with UK Trade & Investment

Read more


April 2013

GroceryAid Negotiation Event Raises £26,550

The Gap Partnership, in conjunction with Asda, SC Johnson and Waitrose, host one-day negotiation workshop

Read more


February 2013

Trading Global - Negotiating in the Far East

What is the impact of cultural differences on your negotiations?

Read more


December 2012

The Gap Partnership Release New Negotiation Video

The Nothing but Negotiation video series continues with collaborative negotiation

Read more