Nothing but negotiation

 
The Gap Partnership

ACS wants increased stake in Hochtief

ACS wants to take a bigger share in German company Hochtief.

16 November 2011

Spanish building firm ACS is looking to increase its stake in Hochtief in the coming months.

At present, the former owns 49 per cent of the latter, so extensive business negotiations may be required to secure the remaining 51 per cent.

ACS's corporate general manager Angel Garcia Altozano told Reuters that his group is under no pressure in terms of time and the deal may have to wait until early 2012.

The organisation is hoping that positive figures from Hochtief will continue to protect it from the weakness of the home construction market in Spain.

Since ACS incorporated Hochtief in June of this year, there has been a 64.9 per cent increase in international turnover.

As well as this, ACS's turnover in the nine months to September was €18.2 billion (£15.6 billion), which represents a 62.1 per cent hike on the figure recorded in the previous year.

Gross operating profit also climbed 39.1 per cent to €1.5 billion.

Posted by Ken Hayes

Source: ACS press release, Reuters, November 15th
 

Gap News

March 2014

The Negotiation Roadshow 2014

Generating value through creative negotiation

Read more


July 2013

Trading Global: Negotiating in the Far East

The Gap Partnership are hosting a complimentary Lunch & Learn seminar in association with UK Trade & Investment

Read more


April 2013

GroceryAid Negotiation Event Raises £26,550

The Gap Partnership, in conjunction with Asda, SC Johnson and Waitrose, host one-day negotiation workshop

Read more


February 2013

Trading Global - Negotiating in the Far East

What is the impact of cultural differences on your negotiations?

Read more


December 2012

The Gap Partnership Release New Negotiation Video

The Nothing but Negotiation video series continues with collaborative negotiation

Read more