Nothing but negotiation

 
The Gap Partnership

SuperMedia and Dex One to merge

Dex One and SuperMedia are to combine their operations.

22 August 2012

SuperMedia and Dex One Corporation have revealed contract negotiations and business discussions between the boards of directors in both companies have resulted in a definitive merger agreement being approved.

This will result in both brands merging together in a stock-for-stock transaction, creating a mobile, local and social marketing solutions provider.

When the transaction takes place, the combined firm will have more than 5,800 members of staff and its team of over 3,100 consultants will work to maintain relationships with at least 700,000 firms.

SuperMedia shareholders are forecast to own around 40 per cent of the combined enterprise, with Dex One shareholders possessing the remaining 60 per cent.

It is estimated that the combined enterprise will realise cost synergies of between $150 million and $175 million (£95 million to £111 million) by 2015.

"By joining together, we will have nationwide presence to increase market share and achieve operating and service efficiencies," SuperMedia president and chief executive officer Peter McDonald said.

Posted by David Gleck

Source: Joint press release, August 21st

Gap News

March 2014

The Negotiation Roadshow 2014

Generating value through creative negotiation

Read more


July 2013

Trading Global: Negotiating in the Far East

The Gap Partnership are hosting a complimentary Lunch & Learn seminar in association with UK Trade & Investment

Read more


April 2013

GroceryAid Negotiation Event Raises £26,550

The Gap Partnership, in conjunction with Asda, SC Johnson and Waitrose, host one-day negotiation workshop

Read more


February 2013

Trading Global - Negotiating in the Far East

What is the impact of cultural differences on your negotiations?

Read more


December 2012

The Gap Partnership Release New Negotiation Video

The Nothing but Negotiation video series continues with collaborative negotiation

Read more